Date(s) - 02/09/2018 - 08/09/2018
Yoga & Tai Chi – Sun, Sand & Sea! 7-day Greek Island Retreat
Sun 2nd-Sat 8th September 2018 – Tinos Island – €725pp Euro (based on single occupancy).
“Bring a Buddy” shared room-rate €650pp (based on 2 people sharing a twin or double room) – please get in touch to let us know you wish to share, whether you need a twin or double and we’ll arrange the special rate for you.
2018 is the year of Self-Care! Myself and Aileen Warbrook of ThatsYoga Studio in Cobh are excited and delighted to offer this fun, fabulous and nourishing Yoga, Tai-Chi and Meditation retreat (with emphasis on the word treat!) on the little known gem called Tinos (see below for loads of pictures!). Here we will slow down the tempo and tune into the rhythms of this tiny, peaceful island, allowing space and time for yourself to relax, unwind and be kind to your body and mind. We can’t wait to “Chi-lax” with you!! All welcome – no experience necessary.
DETAILS of this fun & fabulous retreat! :
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE RETREAT FEE?
Summary (see detailed info below) :
- Three classes per day overlooking the gorgeous Giannaki Bay – beachfront Yoga, Tai Chi with Chi Kung and a sunset Meditation by the sea to the sound of the waves. Each session approx 60-90 mins each (NB. On arrival/departure days = one class per day)
- Highly trained and qualified instructors – Aileen & Michelle – with nearly 20 years teaching experience between us, sharing our passions with you!
- Your own studio-style room with seaview, kitchenette and welcome pack, just a short stroll from the bay
- Stunning views, cliff-top cafes, beach front tavernas and warm waters
- Gala evening of Greek music & dance to finish our trip in style – with fun and smiles!
- Paid and free optional excursions – such as a daytrip around the island with local guide, Valerie, visiting historical villages with character and culture such as Agapi “village of love”. Cliff-top walks and boat-hopping to other beautiful bays to swim and relax.
What’s not included? :
- All return travel: eg. Flights to Greece, boats to Tinos Island, taxi to Giannaki Bay (see below for travel info)
- All meals/drinks – we suggest budget €30-50pp per day
- Paid optional excursions
- Optional car rental
BOOKING AND PAYMENTS – You can book one or multiple places online below or get in touch by email / phone to pay by card. Places and accommodation are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis so pay your deposit now to avoid disappointment!!
Full retreat fee Euro €725pp based on single occupancy
- Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of €225pp is payable by 28th Feb 2018 to secure your place (subject to availability)
- Full balance €500 is payable by 31st May 2018
- Cancellation policy – The deposit is entirely non-refundable. 50% (€250) of the full-balance is refundable if cancelling before 31st May 2018. 0% will be refunded if cancelling after this date.
- A “bring a buddy” shared *twin or double room rate €650pp is available upon request. Get in touch here to inquire about shared options.
- Early arrival date – If you wish to book an earlier arrival date please let us know and we will inquire on your behalf regarding accommodation availability. An extra accommodation fee per night will be charged. Your instructors will be arriving around 2-3 days before the retreat starts so we’ll be there to welcome you!
In a nutshell: €225 non-refundable deposit by end Feb 2018 and full balance €500 by end May 2018. All subject to availability at your time of booking.
INTRODUCING YOUR INSTRUCTORS:
Michelle & Aileen – with nearly 20 years teaching experience between us……..
Aileen Warbrook – Yoga & Meditation Instructor at ThatsYoga Studio, Cobh, Co Cork
“Yoga has always been part of my life and, having taught Yoga since 2006, it gives me so much pleasure to see people leave my classes realising just how powerful and strong they really are. A retreat such as this can give you a sense of wellbeing that goes beyond a regular holiday in the sun. The day I arrived in Giannaki Bay was the best day ever! With barely a tourist in sight, and simple pleasures of tiny beach tavernas, the sea and the hills and the tiny white church – everything is simple, uncomplicated and so relaxing. I am honoured to share it with you”
Michelle Gupta – Tai Chi, Chi Kung & Meditation Instructor / Holistic Therapist (Massage & Reflexology) based in Cork City:
“My daily practice of Tai Chi, Chi Kung and Meditation for the last 10 years – plus teaching these healing arts since 2011 at my classes and workshops – has been fundamental in improving my health, harmony and happiness. Having attended around a dozen retreats around the world myself (eg. Thailand, Italy, Spain, France, Scotland, Ireland) I can’t wait to Chi-lax with you and share the wonderful benefits of Tai Chi by the sea on this magical and nurturing Greek island. It really will be a re-treat for the mind, body and spirit!”
THREE DAILY YOGA, TAI CHI & MEDITATION CLASSES –
We’ll approach our practice with a sense of fun and lightheartedness but also with the luxury of having time and space to explore elements of each practice to a deeper degree. We’ll offer three classes a day: Yoga, Tai Chi with Chi Kung and topping-off each day with a sun-down meditation will be the icing on the cake!
Sessions will be held pre-breakfast (not too early!), in the late afternoon and meditations in the evening – either on the seafront terrace, the sandy beach or in a white-stone, church by candlelight. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
OUR RETREAT LOCATION – Gorgeous Giannaki Bay, near Kardiani Village, Tinos Island –
Stretch-out on a warm terrace overlooking the bay and drink in the warmth of this very special place, being cared for with a lovely breakfast at the local taverna each morning and a short stroll to the beach where we swim, rest and restore.
Giannaki Bay is a 8-miles by taxi from Tinos Port (allow €50pp return) and 4km from Kardiani (“kardia” meaning “heart” in Greek) with panoramic views of the turquoise Aegean sea, fig trees and the hilltops. The bay has two tavernas where we can have breakfast, light lunches, evening meals and has no shops, hotels or cash machines – just warm water, sand, sunshine, yoga and tai chi! Supermarkets are 15km away but we’ll provide a welcome pack (water, milk, fruit etc). We’ll get a local discount on car hire if you fancy your own transport (can be arranged at port on arrival or in advance). See below for general travel info to the island.
- Flights – Closest airport is Mykonos. You can also fly into Athens International.
- Boat to Tinos Island – these can be pre-booked online via www.openseas.gr. The quickest boat is from Mykonos to Tinos approx. 30 minutes x6-7 sailings per day. There are 4-5 sailings per day from Athens-Rafina Port taking 4 hours or fast boat 2-2.5 hours. Rafina is around 30 mins by taxi from Athens International Airport or there is a bus every hour for around €5. There is one early morning boat from Athens-Piraeus port which takes 4.5hrs.
- All routes, times and costs will depend on your individual chosen route. Once you’ve booked your flights we ask if you could send us all the details thx! Email to Michelle: email@example.com
- Early arrival date – If you wish to book an earlier arrival date please let us know and we will enquire on your behalf regarding accommodation availability. An extra accommodation fee per night will be charged. Your instructors will be arriving around 2-3 days before the retreat starts so we’ll be there to welcome you! NB. It is not be possible to extend your stay after 8th Sept due to limited accommodation availability in Giannaki Bay. However – you are very welcome to book your own accommodation in or around Tinos Town after the 8th Sept.
TRAVELLING FROM DUBLIN?:
Here are some travel options if you are travelling from Dublin via Athens International. NB. All details were correct as of 19th Jan 2018 and are subject to change by the respective airlines and boat companies:
YOUR RETREAT ACCOMODATION & DINING – included in your retreat fee is your own studio-style room just a short stroll from the bay and tavernas and includes:
- Seaview balcony/terrace
- A small kitchenette to make tea/coffee
- double bed (single in *twin room)
- en-suite bathroom (shared bathroom for *twin room)
- Bath towels (not beach towels)
- a welcome pack including juice, water, milk, cookies, fruit.
- A “bring a buddy” shared *twin or double room rate is available upon request. Get in touch here to inquire about shared options.
- NB. Check out time is midday on Saturday 8th Sept
MEALS – no meals are included in the retreat fee. There are two tavernas in the bay, one where we can have breakfast and light lunches and the other which serves evening meals and is well renowned.
FREE AND PAID OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS!
- Scenic walks eg. 3 Swims – A gentle hike to Kalivia beach, swim and refresh and then walk to the secluded Agios Petros for our second swim, dipping into Giannaki bay on our return. And there’s a beautiful hike up into the deserted village in the mountains above the bay to see where the islanders hid during raids by pirates.
- A trip into Tinos town one evening is advised (by taxi), to take in the shopping, cafes and see the pathway that pilgrims use to go from the port to the cathedral on the top of the hill, on their knees all the way
- A daytrip round inspiring Tinos Island (€25pp) After breakfast in the mountains, local guide, Valerie, will take us to – White-stone hidden villages full of charm and character with history from the Ottoman empire. A site of marble production, exported to Versailles and Buckingham Palace. Lunch at the port of Parnormos. A visit to School of Sculpture. A centre of silk production for Venitians with dovecotes and silkworms. Agapi ‘village of love’ , high up in the mountains with streets so narrow you whisper as you walk. There’s a tiny café run by two sisters who have lived there all their lives. And to Volax and the natural phenomenon of giant boulders!
- Aromatherapy day (€80pp) at a eucalyptus farm – picking the plants and making your own essential oil. Michelle is also an Aromatherapist so can share with you the benefits of and how to use essential oils.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list but here are our suggestions to help make this an amazing and comfortable experience for everyone –
- Cash in Euros – there are no cash machines in Giannaki Bay and the closest one is in Tinos town (8 miles away) so you will need cash for all food and drinks (we suggest €30-50 pp per day), the taxi from the port (allow €50 return) and optional day-trips.
- Beach towel and swimwear
- Sunscreen / sunhat
- Yoga mat
- Meditation cushion if necessary
- A torch
- Mosquito repellent
- A wrap / layers for the evenings
- Teabags and snacks
- Sturdy shoes/runners