Date(s) - 07/09/2019 - 14/09/2019
Brejo Fundeiro, Portugal
Brejo Fundeiro, Portugal
Brejo Fundeiro, ,
- A yoga workshop each morning in a beautiful airy Yoga Shala.
- An afternoon/evening restorative session including Meditation,Mindfulness & Pranayama.
- All yoga equipment so no need to bring your mat.
- All meals (vegetarian) locally grown vegetables, fruit and herbs.
- Freshly baked cake and tea infusions each afternoon.
- Welcome BBQ on Sunday evening.
- Meditative sound bath concert with Tibetan and crystal bowls,didgeridoo, chimes etc Spacious shared accommodation with en-suite bathrooms in beautiful old manor house.
- Transfers from Lisbon airport to venue and return transfer to Lisbon airport on departure.
- Salt water swimming pool on site.
- Your return flights (direct flights from Cork &Dublin to Lisbon) Saturday to Saturday.
- Wednesday supper as it’s our day out (we still have Yoga in the morning)
Honesty bar if you wish to avail of it.
- Tips and gratuities, taxis and day trips out and about.
- Massages and therapies on site.
- Bring your own beach/pool towel.
We have exclusive use of Brejo Fundeiro for our stay
100 year old boutique Manor house
Courtyards and shaded spaces
Salt water pool, and outdoor day bed.
Spacious bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, high quality linen and towels (bring a pool towel for outdoors) included and changed mid-week.
Amazing organic vegetarian meals every day with freshly baked cake and tea infusions each afternoon.
With the luxury of time and space we can not only relax and restore, we can explore elements of each yoga practice to a much deeper level.
Each morning will begin with Pranayama breath work and a yoga workshop which gives me time to work individually with each person and gives you time to absorb all the benefits of everything that yoga has to offer, we finish each and every workshop with a guided relaxation.
A leisurely brunch follows our morning yoga and then you have free time to holiday.
Book wonderful massage in the lovely therapy rooms of Brejo Fundeiro (this can be done in advance if you wish, at time of booking). Read in the shaded courtyards, snooze by the pool, wander the gardens, walk in the woods, hike on the hills. Or do absolutely nothing.
See ‘Other Things to do’ for more ideas.
We will ease into evening with a lovely restorative and restful, softly stretchy yoga gathering.
Experiencing Meditation and Mindfullness in our peaceful tranquil yoga shala, having relaxed chats about our practise and the ‘how to’ of meditation, before wandering off to dine, hopefully al fresco on a nutritious meal freshly prepared just of us.
We have twin and treble rooms. Almost all have a balcony.
All rooms have single beds and all are en suite.
The two treble rooms are extra large, one actually has two adjoining rooms (a single in one and twins in the other) and shared en suite for the three people in each.
Beds and bath towels are changed mid week and you are requested to bring your own outdoor towel for the pool area. If you wish to have fresh towels daily there is a small charge for each towel change as this whole retreat centre is run as eco-friendly as possible.
Meals will be amazing.
The amount of produce grown on site is incredible.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, lettuce, courgettes, aubergines, pumpkins and squashes, normal and sweet potatoes, Beetroot, Spinach, Green-, Red- and Pedrao peppers, Cape gooseberries, Chillies and other veggies.
Herbs: Basil, Thyme, Mint, Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, Marjoram, Lemon grass, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Ginger and Fennel. Most of these are used to make tea infusions, including Tilia blossom, (from the trees in our courtyard), and Olive leave for green tea while the other herbs will be found in our daily freshly prepared food.
Fruit trees are more seasonal: Oranges, Pears, Peaches, Apples, Cherries, Apricots, Plums, Strawberries, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Figs, Black berries, Olives and a handful of other berries in the process of growing
Low sugar Jams from most of the fruit, which is served with breakfasts.
Varieties of Yogurts are grown on site, to serve with fresh fruit salad, and milk Kefir for probiotics. Plus Water-Kefir and Pear-ale, (both flavoured with healing ginger) and Lemon squash, and elderflower syrup which all make a refreshing cold drink. Home grown Kombucha to provide yet another healthy drink for our guests, who wish to fill their gut with all the good bacteria required for building a healthy immune system.
Mung bean sprouts, soaked raw oaks, raw gazpacho soup and smoothies helps to eat healthy raw food without thinking about it.
The home-made bread is made from our sour-dough with a culture that is now 5 years old and has offspring all over the world already. Raw, dried figs snacks are free for those who like to nibble between meals and afternoon cakes.
Swedish or warm bamboo massage
Blissfully Relaxing massage or Deep Tissue massage
Aromatherapy massage / Nourishing natural infused oil massage / Advanced Clinical Massage / Reflexology / Reiki / Rejuvenating Facial and Neck massage / Totally nourished – Massage, Reflexology, Reiki, Myofascia release
- Wine tasting and Tapas on an organic wine farm about 20 mins drive from Brejo.
- Olive / Coconut oil workshops making Olive Oil Soap, or Lip Balm and Moisturising Barheld at Brejo.
- Boat Cruise in Dornes or in Trizio – cruising down the river and eating locally afterwards.
- Visit the medieval town of Tomor and a guided tour of Convento de-Cristo, the Knights Templar castle of the 12th century and the most complete castle in Europe.
- Stand up Paddle boarding in Cornes or Trizio.
- Canoeing in Zezere River – Cross country mountain biking.